Current and completed final theses of our lab
The integration of student theses in current research projects is important to us. When you are highly committed and weatherproof, come to our weekly seminars and learn about our current projects and possibilities for student projects. Sometimes there are also projects analyzing data that is already available….
We are looking forward to seeing you!
- Janine Köthe. Impacts of urbanization and anthropogenic disturbances on the food selection of red squirrels (Sciurus vulgaris).
- Steffen Reinhardt. Temperature induced phenotypic plasticity of amphibian larvae – Impact of environmental stress on growth and development of grass frogs (Rana temporaria).
- Lisa Hartmann. Thermal effects on age and size at metamorphosis in Xenopus laevis.
- Björn Probst. Activity range of red squirrels (Sicurus vulgaris) in an antropogenic influenced habitat with high squirrel density.
- Laura Becker. Developmental effects of the endocrine disrupter sodium perchlorate on metamorphosis of Rana temporaria.
- Cennet Gersthage. Spatial ecology of urban red squirrels (Sciurus vulgaris) among seasons.
- Janica Reese. Developmental effects of the endocrine disrupter sodium perchlorate on metamorphosis of Xenopus laevis.
- Anju Abel. Post-hibernation home range and nest-sites of hedgehogs in urban habitat.
- Annalena Stuhlmann. Torpor and habitat use of the European hedgehog (Erinaceus europaeus) in urban habitats/Summer activity patterns and microhabitat use of urban hedgehogs.
- Sandra Fischer. Activity patterns of the European Hedgehog (Erinaceus europaeus) in an urban habitat.
- Elisabeth Gajare. Impact of anthropogenic provisioning in European squirrels (Sciurus vulgaris) in an urban landscape.
- Peer Gregersen. Microhabitat utilization of the European hedgehog (Erinaceus europaeus) in urban surroundings.
- Daniela Rau. Energy budgets of hazel dormice (Muscardinus avellanarius) across seasons.
- Edna Teich. Space use and activity of red squirrels in a semi-urban parkland.
- Lea Thomas. Space use and behaviour in urban red squirrels (Sciurus vulgaris).
- Gina Völckers. Disease pattern of the European hedgehog (Erinaceus europaeus) in an urban habitat: Analysis of a long-term data set.
- Anna Schönfeld. Hibernation patterns of two mouse lemur species (Microcebus griseorufus and M. murinus) in southern Madagascar.
- Veronika Dill. Method validation: Influence of the air flow during respirometry on the energy expenditure.
- Marta Wippich. Seasonal changes in food quality in the African bushbaby, Galago moholi.
- Lea Moldenhauer. Influence of urbanization on the nutritional ecology of European squirrels (Sciurus vulgaris).
- Daniela Rau. Energiebudgets der Haselmaus (Muscardinus avellanarius) im Jahresverlauf
- Svenja Lund. Digestion efficiency of the lesser hedgehog tenrec (Echinops telfairi) across seasons
- Sven Flachsbart. Sensoric basis of prey detection in the lesser hedgehog tenrec (Echinops telfairi, Marin, 1838)
- Tom Robinson. Phenotypic plasticity of amphibian larvae – Impact of temperature on the development and physiology of grass frogs (Rana temporaria).
- Marie Schoroth. Influence of roosting microclimate and environmental conditions on the energetics of the Malagasy bat Traenops menamena.
- Lea Thomas. Energy budgets of wheatears during migration.
- Caroline Klapdohr. Seasonal activity of red the squirrel in a semi-urban environment.
- Ronja Magdziak. Energy budgets at the edge: thermoregulatory adaptations in Lepilemur leucopus.
- Janina Bethge. Influence of habitat and environmental variables on the energetics of Lepilemur leucopus.
- Anna Schönfeld. Microclimatic requirements of the viviparous Nimba toad.
- Bianca Wist. Energy budgets of Lepilemur leucopus in South Madagascar: effect of seasonality and climate change.
- Karina Linhard. Seasonal differences of parasite load in rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus).
- Christina Lipka. Thermoregulatory adaptations of chicks of the black-headed gull to extreme weather conditions.
- Ann-Kristin Picker. Influence of urbanization on the parasite load of rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus).
- Stephanie Reher. Getting nuts in a city: the influence of (anthropogenically-provided) food availability on red squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris) spatial distribution patterns in an urban environment.
- Debbie Schnitt. Energy budgets of amphibians in the face of climate change.
- Janina Bethge. Influence of climate and anthropogenic changes on the energy budget and stress responses of Lepilemur edwardsi (Lepilemuridae; primates).
- Iris Pretzlaff. Changes in energy budgets and distribution patterns along a climatic gradient in relation to climate change.
- Steffi Reher. Adatpations to tropical seasonality across varying habitats in Malagasy bats.
- Katharina Ruthsatz. Ecophysiology of larva-juvenile metamorphosis in anurans and flatfish.
- Bianca Wist. Energy budgets and ecological adaptations of the European red squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris) in urban environments.
- Wiebke Berg. Thermal adaptation in reptiles along an environmental gradient.
- Ole Theisinger. Thermal limits of reptiles: Ecological and environmental constraints on the thermal biology of Malagasy lizards.
- Julia Nowack. Energy expenditure and strategies to cope with high seasonality in the African lesser buschbaby Galago moholi (Galagonidae).
- Susanne Kobbe. Ecophysiological adaptations to seasonality in mouse lemurs.
- Jens Wein. Effects of ambient temperature on tropical hibernation in the lesser hedgehog tenrec (Echinops telfairi).
Tanja Springer. Nahrungswahl bei Eichhörnchen (Sciurus vulgaris, Linneaus 1758)
Iris Pretzlaff. Physiological and behavioural adjustments of energy metabolism in free-ranging Bechstein’s bats (Myotis bechsteinii).