Leam Mykel Martes
Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences
Institute of Wood Science
Leuschnerstr. 91 e
Tel: +49 40 73962-160
Fax: +49 40 73962-199
Field of Research
Field of research
- Forest management
- Carbon accounting
- Forest modelling
- Modelling forest growth and carbon sequestration
- Harvested wood product carbon pool
- Modelling ecological systems
- National carbon balance projections and reporting
- Western Europe
- Lesser Antilles
- 2014-2017 B.Sc. Bos- en Natuurbeheer. Wageningen University and Research (WUR), The Netherlands. B.Sc. thesis: Using harvest data to test biomass equations for tropical rainforests in Kabo, Surinam.
- 2017-2020 M.Sc. Forest and Nature conservation, Specialization: Ecology Wageningen University and Research (WUR). M.Sc. thesis: Effects of anthropogenic disturbances on population dynamics of Attalea princeps in the Beni savannah, Bolivia
- Since 2020: Doctoral candidate, World forestry. Topic: Modelling forest carbon dynamics in a changing climate.
- FAO: Creating a model for the aggregation and calculation of carbon storage in Harvested Wood products using the FAOSTAT database.
- Stichting Probos: Creating software tools to assist in the calculations of the Dutch national carbon accounting.